We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting through YYZ

Federal Way...
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Topic
Connecting through YYZ

I'll be traveling from Seattle - Sao Paolo (coach :-( ) in about 10 days to embark on a cruise. I have a 7 hour layover in Toronto and would like to escape airport holiday travel madness for a few hours. I looked at the Sheraton at the airport: very $$$ and no 1/2 day packages. Now I'm considering the Econo Lodge; it seems to be very near the airport and have an airport shuttle. Does anyone have any experience with this hotel (we'd only be there for a few hours). Also, does anyone familiar with Canadian Customs/Immigration know whether we'd be able to leave the majority of baggage at the airport and take only a carry-on to the hotel, or will the whole kit and kaboodle have to clear customs and re-enter security with us? Thanks!

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,626 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Connecting through YYZ

I assume you are flying Air Canada if you are connecting in Toronto. Seven hours is really not that much time to get out of the airport and do something. Maybe head downtown for lunch or something. With immigration, customs, security,.... you will only have a few hours outside the airport.

Personally I would look into getting day access for the Air Canada lounge. Details here:

aircanada.com/en/…access.html

2. Re: Connecting through YYZ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 15, 2009