We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair

Spain
Level Contributor
33 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair

My son is currently stranded in Bangkok and was due to fly into Girona with Ryanair next Saturday. He probably won't make this flight and will have to rebook when he gets back to the UK. Will his return flight from Girona be okay or does he have to rebook this as well?

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair

I would think that he should be ok as it's not actually a return ticket it will be two single tickets as ryanair are a point to point airline

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,589 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair

If he has a flight from the UK-Girona-UK and does not take the outbound journey then it's a fair bet that the return sector will be cancelled. If he has two separate tickets, then Girona-UK should be safe, although he will likely need to buy another ticket for the outbound journey.

I don't know if Ryanair staff will show any sympathy to a passenger who is unable to travel because of the troubles in Bangkok, but I suspect that the airline will take the view that if your son is unable to fly then that's too bad - he'll have to buy a new ticket.

Your son needs to review his travel insurance carefully to ensure he stays within the parameters of the coverage when and if he needs to rebook.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair

I am with IT. Ryanair will treat each leg as a separate trip. You can cancel either leg and still use the other. Also many people buy a seat on another flight when Ryanair are doing their 1p offers to ensure they can get back. These people have never had any problems.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair

im one of those people who book the 1p flights.

the thing is that our return tickets have the same reference number. our seperate return flights (for the day after should we miss our flight, and,we've never had to use them) have a different ref. no.

so... (if all that makes sense??) we have never not taken a flight out , then tried to fly back using the return ticket ....if u know wot i mean??

i wud check up, cos s we all know, ryanair can be 'funny' at the best of times.....

...........and i hope ur as confused as me now!!! LOL

London, United...
Level Contributor
755 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair

I have done this before and it has never been a problem. If the flights are cheap I usually book two separate return tickets to guarantee I will get home at some point (hoping both flights aren't cancelled! I have flown the outbound flight of one return ticket and then travelled back on the return leg of another booked return ticket. If that makes sense.

Say this was my itinerary...

STN - GRO 12/12 coming back on 14/12 GRO - STN

STN - GRO 13/12 coming back on 15/12 GRO - STN

I have flown the STN - GRO on 12/12 and then travelled back on GRO - STN on 15/12. I have asked before and Ryanair said that each flight is treated as a separate booking as it is point - point. Other airlines usually cancel the return if the first part is not used. If you are unsure, I would call them up just to put your mind at rest!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair

yeah jack, i understand (i think!) LOL

also konw about cancelled return flights! flying KLM/NWA to florida last xmas , we missed our connection in amsterdam, so KLM flew us out with delta.(via NYC!)

coming back ALL our connecting flights were cancelled!! we did get back tho, thanx to some passengers being offered cash to 'bump' off.

7. Re: Ryanair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, October 15, 2009