We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To fly or not to fly - Air asia :)

Sydney
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Topic
To fly or not to fly - Air asia :)

Hi guys,

My husband and I have flown air asia from bangkok to chiang mai in april 07, and are now looking at flying from australia to KL then KL to Phnom Penh at end of december. are there any recommendations? we've read the reviews about time delays luggage delays etc, and are happy with that as we are now expecting it, however, I'm not a great flyer, do you think that it really isn't the 'safest' option, and we should avoid it...or do people think with in flight entertainment or an ipod things would be smooth?

Thanks guys,

Jo

New York
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: To fly or not to fly - Air asia :)

I flew 8 times this past May with them.

Bangkok - Chiang Mai r/t

Bangkok - Phuket r/t

Bangkok - Singapore r/t

Bangkok - Hanoi r/t

I did not have any delay nor missing luggage.

Be aware to pay for the luggage fee online, it is cheaper than in the airport.

I would not pay for express check in. It does not work.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To fly or not to fly - Air asia :)

is air asias prem economy worth it?

London
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: To fly or not to fly - Air asia :)

They were always on time in my flights.

I would fly with them again if I go to asia

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To fly or not to fly - Air asia :)

I've used them from the Gold Coast to KL and they were great, yes do bring something to entertain yourself, and yes indeed, the XL seats are well worth it.

5. Re: To fly or not to fly - Air asia :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:35 pm, October 13, 2009