We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAX Cell Phone Charger

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
LAX Cell Phone Charger

Hey all-

Does anyone know if there's one of those machines where you put in a couple bucks and can charge your cell phone for 15 minutes or so? I'm coming back from Australia and don't have my charger.

Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,446 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LAX Cell Phone Charger

Yes, there are quite a few Samsung chargers scattered throughout all the LAX terminals. You can't really miss them, they're about 8ft high.

Now, I'm not sure whether they are merely Samsung branded power outlets of whether they have a charger connected to the thing as I've never used or taken a close look at one.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LAX Cell Phone Charger

IF they are what I think I saw 2 weeks ago, they are just places for people to connect to mains electricity, no phone connections (though I didnt look very closely). You could perhaps buy one of those 'extra power' devices that run off AA batteries or can be plugged into the mains to charge up, and usually have a number of connectors in them.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LAX Cell Phone Charger

Just get a regular 120v travel charger that plugs into wall outlets, and then walk around looking for the outlets where the janitors plug in vaccuum cleaners, etc. - you can usually find one on a pillar or on an outside wall (sometimes in the center of an area, but not often). Also, if you're in a terminal that Southwest uses, they often have (don't recall LAX specifically, but certainly true in OAK and SFO) a "charger bar" (a place with stools and narrow shelf to hold laptops etc.) where you can sit and charge things from a 120v outlet.

4. Re: LAX Cell Phone Charger

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, October 14, 2009