We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

orlando and vegas form uk info

uk
Level Contributor
496 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
orlando and vegas form uk info

looking at coming bak to the states next year in late aug, will be end of our summer holidays over here.

am debating between just two weeks in orlando or adding a few nights in vegas to the trip. could do with some info o aprox prices for;

1, at the minute flying from manchester to orlando the cheapest is about £650, having never been in the school holidays befor ei am unsure as to what kind of prices to expect to pay but this seems high to me?

2, how much are flights to vegas likely to be around this time of year?

3, how much would an internal return flight between vegas and orlando be? and which airlines should i be looking at to book an internal flight at the lowest possible cost?

all help much appreciated!

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,698 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: orlando and vegas form uk info

Vegas tends to be a pretty cheap market within the US since everyone flies there and there is a ton of competition. $200-$300 round trip from Orlando is probably a good estimate. August also tends to be cheaper (especially for hotels) since it is still incredibly hot in Vegas (think 115 F / 47C)

It still might be cheaper to book a multi stop ticket if you are putting it at the end of your US vacation.

uk
Level Contributor
496 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: orlando and vegas form uk info

any advice on airlines to check out?

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,698 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: orlando and vegas form uk info

I like itasoftware.com to find the best prices on any routes. US airlines tend to all be roughly the same. I fly Northwest and their partners mainly since I live near one of their hubs and they offer the best choice for nonstop destinations, plus I fly enough to get platinum elite status.

Looks like US air and Southwest fly MCO-LAS nonstop. Everyone else can get you there with one stop.

Play around with MAN-MCO-MAN and MCO-LAS-MCO on two tickets vs. MAN-MCO-LAS-MAN all on the same ticket and see who has the best deal.

Just watch the checked baggage fees many airlines are charging now - it can make a cheap ticket expensive if you don't realize you will have to pay to check bags.

MANCHESTER, UK
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: orlando and vegas form uk info

hi, we are flying with usairways sat 11th to orlando, then flying orlando to vegas for 5 nights on 20th then back to manchester via philadelphia on 25th- wepaid £1100 for 2 adults...... they have gone up to £1300ish since we booked 6 months ago- hope this helps you!

manchester
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: orlando and vegas form uk info

Bmi fly MAN-LAS non stop 3 days a week.

VS fly MAN-MCO 9 times a week

US airways offer a 'direct' service but watch out, as you actually change planes in philidelphia, even though the PHL-LAS flight uses the same code as the MAN-PHL flight.

Alternitivly, You can transfer on MAN-ORD-LAS, or MAN-JFK-LAS

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: orlando and vegas form uk info

Orlando and Las Vegas are two of the major destinations in the US that have received sifnificant cuts to their airline schedules. Since these are primarily leisure destinations that are more price conscious than some, airlines have started dropping routes to those markets.

You're looking at almost a year away so it's tough to forecast that far out, but for the immediate future flights to those destinations will typically cost than they have in the past.

7. Re: orlando and vegas form uk info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:37 am, October 11, 2009