We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North West Airlines

glasgow uk
Level Contributor
799 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
North West Airlines

We booked our flights to NYC from AMS and discovered that we will be flying North West and not KLM. Do Northwest provide drinks, food etc on transatlantic flights. It's a long time since we've flown with them. Thanks

New York State
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: North West Airlines

According to the NWA schedule, dinner is served in coach on that route. Elsewhere on the NWA web site it states, "Northwest will continue to provide complimentary meals in First Class and on international flights."

Gulfport, Florida
Level Contributor
612 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North West Airlines

It is technically "Northwest" but usually known as "Northworst." (I live in the town where it headquarters).

Yes, drinks and food-like substance are provided gratis.

Paul

New York State
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: North West Airlines

Hey, Other Paul, the only airlines flying from my local airport are Northwest and USAir - the latter being the airline that charges for water on domestic flights.

My next booking to London is on USAir, with a 7-hour layover at PHL, my least-favorite airport, on the return.

Yes, I know that it's now US Airways. When it was Allegheny people called it Agony Air.

LKT
PARIS
Level Contributor
44 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North West Airlines

We flew to NYC from Paris on NWA last year, changing planes at Detroit. We had a good journey, food was provided and was OK, not sure about alcoholic drinks though. Really nice flight attendants, both fights on time. I seem to remember that the IFE wasn't up to much though but then it never really is. For our return journey, we were informed at Newark that our connecting flight to Detroit had been cancelled so they put us on a direct CO flight to Paris. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Gulfport, Florida
Level Contributor
612 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North West Airlines

Paul in NYS:

Agony Air and Northworst. great choices. :) Well, it does make NW look good in comparison .. assuming it is really NW and not Pinnacle.

Being old, I certain remember Agony Air. Truly well named.

I actually do not mind NW internationally, but always go CO if possible .. unless, of course, I can fly a real airline like Singapore, BA, Cathy Pacific and AF has been very good to me recently.

Paul

6. Re: North West Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, October 07, 2009