We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

direct bus from Edinburgh airport to Glasgow?

Zaragoza
6 posts
Save Topic
direct bus from Edinburgh airport to Glasgow?

Hi,

I'm moving to Glasgow next September but my flight arrives to Edinburgh airport, does anyone know if there is a direct bus or train from the airport to the city centre??

Thanks!!!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: direct bus from Edinburgh airport to Glasgow?

Hi

No direct bus or train.

Plan your journey here:

www.travelinescotland.com/cms/welcome.xhtml

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,765 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: direct bus from Edinburgh airport to Glasgow?

I think you might have to take the Airlink bus from EDI airport to Haymarket station, then the Citylink coach from there to Glasgow Buchanan bus station.

http://www.flybybus.com/index.php

citylink.co.uk/uploads/Gla2Edin%5B1%5D.pdf

There are also trains from Edinburgh Haymarket to Glasgow Queen Street and Glasgow Central - the latter service is a stopping train, calling at a number of stations between the two cities.

I've taken the bus from Edinburgh Haymarket to the airport, and it was a fairly painless journey. Waverley station is busier than Haymarket, so it might pay to start from Haymarket so as not to have to deal with the crowds.

You might want to ask this question on the Edinburgh forum, as there are a handful of locals there who will have up to the minute info on how best to get from EDI airport to Glasgow.

Buena suerte!

Zaragoza
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: direct bus from Edinburgh airport to Glasgow?

Thank you very much for your help, really useful!!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
43,093 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: direct bus from Edinburgh airport to Glasgow?

Hmm...., did you really need to post this same question on three different forums (Glasgow, Edinburgh & Air Travel)?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
597 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: direct bus from Edinburgh airport to Glasgow?

I don't think it's a problem to cross-post to the most relevant forums, is it? They're obviously trying to maximise their chance of getting the best advice.

For the OP, if you are dealing with a lot of luggage there is also a very good shuttle van service from Edinburgh airport to the city centre. It costs a little more but you don't have to manhandle your bags onto a bus.

6. Re: direct bus from Edinburgh airport to Glasgow?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, October 09, 2009