We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
liverpool
12 posts
Save Topic
Thomas Cook Long Haul to Barbados

I am going on the Sea Princess in Feb 2009.

My flight is with Thomas Cook Airlines Manchester to

Barbados.I have heard so many bad things regarding the

leg room and also flight delays.If anybody is traveling

before then i would be glad of any up to date information.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,372 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook Long Haul to Barbados

You will be flying on a Thomas Cook Airbus A330. The seat pitch in economy is 33" (recently increased seat pitch on TC long haul) and seats are in a 3-3-3 configuration (apart from last five rows which are 2-3-2 due to the narrowing of the fuselage. All seats in economy have PTV's with a selection of films, programs and music.

Flight delays more often are not the fault of the airline, unless it is a tech issue, of which TC are no worse than most airlines. Delays happen due to weather, ATC restrictions so you can't blame an airline for this.

To sum it up, TC are a reputable charter airline that get you from A-B and back safely with a good, professional crew to look after you.

liverpool
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook Long Haul to Barbados

Thank you so much for your reassuring words i was looking forward to the cruise but not the flight and all the upgrades has been taken i wonder way!it is a long time until Feb 2009 things might change again i hope.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,372 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook Long Haul to Barbados

galwaymargaret, I was just wondering how you have seen that all the seats in the premium section are full? Were you trying to book the upgrade online? I think when you go to try and book the upgrade online there appears to be a bug in the system (or it could be a feature ;-) ) where it appears the premium section is full - all seats are taken.

If you do want to upgrade, call the Thomas Cook helpline on 0844 855 0515 with your dates & booking reference to hand and I think you should be able to upgrade that way.

liverpool
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook Long Haul to Barbados

Hello Sunmagic,

I booked the whole cruise plus flights with Thomas Cook

i did ask when doing the booking regarding upgrading

the seats on the plane and was told there were none

available.It is the same old story i am afraid if want

a job doing i.e. upgrades it is to do it yourself!

Regards

Margaret

5. Re: Thomas Cook Long Haul to Barbados

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 pm, October 05, 2009