We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BravoFly

Belturbet, Ireland
Level Contributor
102 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
BravoFly

I found this on a link from Trip Advisor, and price looks good, has anyone ever used them before?

Italy
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: BravoFly

Well I guess I can answer this now, better late than never and it may prove helpful to others in the future. I found flights from NYC to Rome in June at a good fare on BravoFly(My first experience with BravoFly, I usually use Kayak or Cheaptickets). I wanted them for my family who would be visiting me here in Italy. I went through the booking process and waited for the confirmation. I received an e mail confirming my request and that it would normally "not take more than a few hours (Max 24)". Then an hour later I received another e mail from BravoFly that they needed additional document information (residency info, passport#, (US) social security number, land line, etc which had to be sent (via e mail..not through their secure web site) to process the booking otherwise the booking would be canceled (though it was not confirmed). Twelve hours (12) later I received notice that the booking is canceled due to the fact that the fares quoted are no longer available. ?????!!!!!!

I was left with the following questions:

1. How long does BravoFly quote prices on their site which are really not available?

2. Why request additional information (sensitive and unsecured) without first confirming with the carrier that the flight and price are available?

3. Does it really take 12 hours to determine price and availability?

4. BravoFly kindly provide a telephone number to speak with them regarding this cancellation. But of course you can only call them between 9am-6pm M-F......oh and the call charge is* max call cost 1,5 £/min VAT included

** max call cost Euro 1,80/min VAT included. NOW THAT"S WHAT I CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Word to the wise, there are many travel service providers out there. Based on my limited experience there are other more reliable providers from which to choose. Can't say I would be willing to work with BravoFly again based on this experience.

2. Re: BravoFly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:36 am, October 23, 2009