We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vayama

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
vayama

Does anybody have any opinions about the reliability of Vayama web site-they seem tohave very good prices on long flights.

LA
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: vayama

I'm in the same boat, looking at sites like

vayama

smartfares

atiflights

ultimatefares

they all have some very good prices, but are they reliable??

some feedback please!!!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,474 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vayama

Just put those names in the search box at the top here and see what comes up. some of those names have a ring to them.

NJ
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: vayama

Looking for cheap flights internationally is a tough job. Looking around, I used www.travelzoo.com and used their net search function and gave me all these sites to look at. Highly recomend travelzoo, makes life a lot more easier but complicated at the same time (bombarded with so many choices).

Thus, after looking at many sites, to make a long story short ATI Flights was the one that gave me the best deal (cheaper by 30 (cheapoair) - hundereds bucks to some places). I booked a flight on ATI Flights from LGA (NY) to TPE (Taiwan) with NWA....was somewhat hesitant to hit the button because knew nothing about ATI, but had to give it a chance and reviews were mostly hits with this company on the trip advisor.

Booked the flight for noon 9/12 to 9/20 night. Recvd an e-mail saying they got my info and will send me the e-ticket stuff within 48hours. Since I was in a hurry, I called them up (customer service people were from INDIA but they were nice and understanding) and said I was in a hurry to get confirmation b/c I don't want to miss out on other deals, so they said they would expedite my booking. Lo-n-Behold, it was booked by 6 PM - called them up for the E-Ticket number. Checked out the number on the NWA reservation site and it was legit...I was surprised and happy at the same time.

In conclusion, I was very satisfied with ATIFlights, though they don't show you where you would have to stop until you actually put in payment information it was worth the money saved.

Booked on 9/9/2008 for a trip of 9/12 - 9/20

LGA - TPE $936.18. Thus, for the timid shoppers ATI Flights is worth a look.

-Satisfied customer

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,443 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vayama

Vayama has a LOT of complaints on here. As someone else said, do a search.

Washington DC
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: vayama

We recently used them to fly a co-worker of mine overseas and they never informed us that her return flight was canceled. When she arrived at the airport to fly home she was notified that there was no plane for her and that "you were contacted about this months ago" which was very much not the case. There was no attempt at contact made despite the fact that once the flight was canceled she had no way to get home.

Not impressed with their professionalism at all!

New York
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: vayama

you can't change your flight details - even if they say you can. They take very long to get back to you! They own the ticket - (under Vayama travel) so even if you call the airline - they can't help you to change the ticket. You look at loosing the ticket and they give not refunds or allow changes.

Marin County...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: vayama

They have great fares.But, They have still not sent me an E ticket or a confirmation number for a recently booked AND paid for international flight. Two phone calls to a number that is not toll free and required 20 minute waits each time have resulted in NOTHING. I still do not have a ticket or even a number which is required for all enqueries on their website.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,342 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: vayama

CHEAPER is not always better. Many of these sites are just fine to book a ticket. Do NOT expect any customer service. Do NOT expect to be informed of changes made by the airline involved. Do NOT expect to be able to make changes if you have a problem with the flight.

And on.... and on........

California
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: vayama

While we appreciate the well intended comments from forum contributor “riffsmom”, the customer service team at vayama would like to assure readers of this forum that we do have a strong customer service team ready and able to assist them. Additionally, itinerary changes are updated in the customer record (viewable online) and the customer is informed of these changes (although we always encourage everyone, no matter where you book your itinerary, to reconfirm your flights directly with the airline several days and again the night before departure).

The ability to make changes to an existing itinerary or flight is dependent on the rules presented and agreed upon at the time of booking. These rules vary per itinerary and per airline and our customer service staff will be more than happy to work with our customers within the framework of the fare rules.

Rgds,

The vayamateam

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,474 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: vayama

I don't live in USA so have no need to be partisan here but what utter 'Bollards' is therein written.

This is what Vayama Team said last time folks.

<"Vayama definitely faced challenges working these schedule changes and associated cancellations in the latter part of 2008. In a few cases, we just did not get the information to our customer in a timely manner. We realize this caused inconvenience and frustration for some of our customers and we worked with those who were negatively impacted to find solutions to their travel needs.">

I can hardly keep a straight face. More Bull than a Beefherd.

Vayamateam. Get a grip on reality. Read the above posts and understand what your 'negatively impacted' clients are saying.