We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your vote on the worse airline to travel on...

Stinky, New Jersey...
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
Save Topic
Your vote on the worse airline to travel on...

Please give me your opinion on the worse airline to travel on.

Airlines have now cut back on flights and I have only flown on American or Continental. I am looking at vacation deals for the caribbean and see they offer US Air, Delta, Spirit, in the past I have avoided these airlines but might need to more open minded.

Thanks

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,908 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your vote on the worse airline to travel on...

The NE USA-Caribbean market is dominated by a few select airlines, and one does not always have a choice at all. I would try to stick to jetBlue or Continental, but it's almost impossible to avoid American in the Caribbean.

Stinky, New Jersey...
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Your vote on the worse airline to travel on...

Yes I see that. I also looked at the post someone bumped up for me with the worse airlines.

Well at least Continental still has non stop to Aruba from Newark.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,462 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your vote on the worse airline to travel on...

It depends on where you are going. I am reluctant to buy a ticket very far out on many airlines because I think this fuel cost is going to sink some of them.

Of the majors, I tend to stick to American and Continental because they are in better financial shape and if you are going to the Caribbean, they have a good deal of the flights. If you look at the exclusions in travel insurance policies, avoid the ones where you cannot buy insurance. They are consolidating the flights for example AA used to fly to Tortola and St Croix about six times per day. Now it is down to about three because of the fuel.

Stinky, New Jersey...
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Your vote on the worse airline to travel on...

saffie...looks like I will be sticking to Continental. Thought of going with another airline to save a few bucks. I don't think it's worth it.

Last month when we flew to the Bahamas one of my bags weighed in at 54 pounds and they didn't charge me extra. Same thing on return flight. Will stick with a good thing.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,462 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your vote on the worse airline to travel on...

Where are you going in the Caribbean. They all seem to be consolidating their flights. AA just changed mine for next April, but luckily it is for the flight I wanted originally but could not get.

I like Continental and if you are in NJ it is the best one to go on because you have a better chance of getting a direct flight.

Stinky, New Jersey...
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Your vote on the worse airline to travel on...

saffie our next trip is to Aruba. I really wanted to go to St Kitts, but the fights on American Airlines (non stop) out of Newark going were a turn off. I know they have a non stop going out of JFK but husband wouldn't budge...rather fly outta Newark.

I am seeing a lot of negative comments on American Airlines lately concerning the flights people booked. We flew with them on our Barbados vacation back in October, and had trouble with our return flight. I can undrstand problems occur but their customer service was horrible.

7. Re: Your vote on the worse airline to travel on...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, October 05, 2009