We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olympic airlines question

Lausanne...
6 posts
Save Topic
Olympic airlines question

We are flying to Santorini in July ... our first flight is from Geneva with Swiss Airlines and then we change in Athens to an Olympic airlines flight.

First question : can we book our bags all the way through to Santorini despite the change in airline companies ?

Second question but more like a worry : I heard Olympic was cancelling or re-routing through Italy a certain number of direct flights from Geneva in July (doesn't concern us) but I'm anxious about the internal flights we are hoping to use inside Greece with this company ?!

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
1,393 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Olympic airlines question

Hi

There is no direct flight between GVA or ZRH and ATH at this moment on OA. Only carrier is LX.

Many airlines are reschedueling at the moment, due to high fuel prices and such, so it will be a matter of acting immideately if this involves your itinerary. OA have 3 flights daily from Athens to Santorini in midweek, around and in weekends there are 4 flights a day. So if one of them is cancelled, be sure to call them immideately to heve them provide you alternate flight reservations free of charge.

Furthermore, if all goes wrong, there is allways the good old ferry, from Piraeus Harbour, close to Athens. It will take somewhat 8 hours I believe..... ;-(

Good luck and happy travels !

Regards

Wiki

Lausanne...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Olympic airlines question

Thanks for your advice ... hopefully we won't find ourselves on the 8 hour ferry from Piraeus...I'll keep my fingers crossed and will monitor any changes to ensure that me make our connection for the flight with Olympic.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,882 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Olympic airlines question

We have neighbours in Geneva who were leaving Saturday on a similar trip. They too had heard worrying news about Olympic cancellations but as far as I know they got there OK.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Olympic airlines question

Hey Baz58:-) Although you won't be able to check your luggage through, you'll find the Athens airport a new, compact, and easily manueverable one contained in 1 terminal/building! Olympic has been changing flight times and even cancelling some flights lately so do keep an eye out as much as you can! Unfortunately, sometimes pax show up at the airport unaware of any changes! Aegean Airlines on the other hand, is getting rave reviews which also flies to Santorini! Have a wonderful time..am sure you will totally Enjoy!

Lausanne...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Olympic airlines question

Thanks for the advice Litsa...

I'm sure we will be impressed by the Athens airport and hopefully we won't be spending too much time there. As for Aegean, I'll keep it in mind for our next greek vacation !

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Olympic airlines question

My pleasure Baz58:-) Have a blast and keep Enjoyin'!

greece
Level Contributor
93 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Olympic airlines question

hi,

if the airline you are travelling with cooperates with olympic airlines you will get your bags in santorini, and if there are any changes made you will be informed in time. which airline are you flying with, is it swiss air?

8. Re: Olympic airlines question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, October 04, 2009