We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jetblue

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,808 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
jetblue

I am travelling from Dublin to JFK with Aer Lingus this Sunday and arrive around 1300.

My flight to Vegas with Jetblue is at 1850.

Question is .Will Jetblue allow me to transfer to an earlier flight if seats are available and I am there in time or will they charge me for the privelege.

Thanks in advance.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
597 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jetblue

According to their site you can get a confirmed same-day change for US$40, or can standby for free on the same day.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
597 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jetblue

I'll add, the only possible earlier flight is at 2:55, so by the time you clear Customs and change terminals, you may be too late anyway. Hopefully the Aer Lingus flight will come in early.

Lakenheath, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jetblue

Hi Firsttimer,

I am pretty sure that you will clear US immergration in Dublin so that should be a bulk of the wait out of the way. As lsdunch said the next wait is customs however US customs i have always found to be extremly quick, your normally waiting for the bags (It's an odd situation as you will not have US immergration in JFK, therefore will have to wait for the bags - when we go through JFK from London as it can take 30 to 40 mins to clear immergration then the bags are normally out and we have no waiting by the belt) So hopefully you should be fine. I would check with Aer Lingus that there is still preclearance in Dublin. I know there is in Shannon and i am sure there still is in Dublin as well. If the plane is early you should be fine, just move like the wind when you arrive !! Have a great Trip (Were off to Vegas on Wednesday !!) (PS, i hear Jet Blue is a great Airline, so the 5 hours should fly by !!)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
597 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jetblue

That's correct, the Immigration formalities will be completed in Dublin.

5. Re: jetblue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, October 02, 2009