We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Ryanair

California
2 posts
Save Topic
Question about Ryanair

I tried to book a ryanair flight two days ago, and I got "not confirmed" on my confirmation page. I haven't received any more information from them via e-mail, and when I type in my confirmation number onto their website, they say that my confirmation number doesn't exist. Does this mean that my flight was never booked? Anyone else have this experience before?

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Ryanair

probably not turtle, but then again who knows with ryan? trouble,trouble,trouble.....

after finally getting through to book our flights (after 4 hours) we R in the same boat as you, except after leaving the confirm page to load up for 15 mins, i just lost the will to live. it won't even let me on the site now!! haha

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Ryanair

ps; btw, they sed "not confirmed" then gave u a confirmation number???? how mental is that??

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,745 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Ryanair

its not relating to pending proving credit card or payment details is it?

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,424 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Ryanair

No, it's relating to the fact that Ryanair "updated" their website a few months ago and totally screwed it up. The site functions only some of the time, and many people in the OPs position find they do have a booking, but only after they have made a second one and receive their card statements with two payments taken.

To the OP - check with your bank card/company to make sure that the money hasn't been taken. If it hasn't book another airline.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,745 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about Ryanair

sorry I only asked, as I once had a similar experience, different airline, and I actually received a phone call from my issuing credit card company to check that I was okay for the charge to go ahead?!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about Ryanair

ok. i lost the will to live last nit an gave up.

tried today, and the site is working , still slow but not booting me off. yesterday the flights we wanted wud've cost £9.98 for 3 people. today they're £147.00 !!! plus the debit card charges....

i give up...........

oh how we luv our ryanair LOL

California
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Question about Ryanair

Thanks for all the advice!!! I've gone ahead and booked my flight through a different airline, so, hopefully, Ryanair won't charge me later on down the line. Thanks, again, and happy travels.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,032 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question about Ryanair

I booked ryanair yesterday to Milan with no problem.

London, United...
Level Contributor
755 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question about Ryanair

The system was indeed playing up again over the last few days but appears to be all back up and running smoothly now. I've booked 8 seats to Perpignan for 0.16 pence return with no taxes and charges, booked with an electron card so no extra charges. In the same 0.1 penny each way all in offer booked Stockholm, Dublin, Marseille, Montpellier for all 0.2 pence return. No problems booking this time.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,032 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question about Ryanair

Jack

My flights to Milan were also 0.1p each way with no taxes