We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA flights/lounges from T4

UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Topic
BA flights/lounges from T4

Has anyone flown BA ClubWorld from Terminal 4 recently? Just wondered with all the moves to T5 what lounges were now open etc.

Cheers

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,060 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA flights/lounges from T4

I think the lounge at Gate 10 is now closed, but there is still a Terraces and an F lounge at Gate 1. Or perhaps it's the other way around...sorry, can't remember. But there should be a Terraces open at T4 until the last flight moves from there, as far as I know.

Sussex, England
Level Contributor
253 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA flights/lounges from T4

Are standards being maintained at the T4 BA lounges now that T5 is the main terminal?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,273 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA flights/lounges from T4

There used to be two lounges available to Club World passengers in T4; one in the Lounge Pavilion across from Gate 10 and another at Gate 1. When I was in T4 last at the end of May the one at Gate 10 was closed. It is no great loss as the one at Gate 1 was much better anyways.

If you wish to get a massage at the Elemis Spa then you'll need to go to the Lounge Pavilion (where the Elemis Spa is located on the ground floor) to arrange that. It's the only thing you miss out on at the Gate 1 facility.

UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: BA flights/lounges from T4

Cheers Speedbird223 - now I know what to expect.

At least there's a lounge left open thank goodness. Wouldn't like to have told the Mrs there was nowhere for her to have her champers before the trip :-P

London, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BA flights/lounges from T4

Just read on another forum today that none of the business class lounges were available at T4 at all!! and that they had also closed Gate 1 lounge as well as Gate 10. What exactly are we paying for I ask myself....is the lounge not part of the "whole deal"? Not sure about the Concorde Lounge for F.

Anyone flown recently.

Cheers...

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,273 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BA flights/lounges from T4

Rapunzel, which was the other forum? I know of one particular BA forum but haven't seen anything on there.

Apparently the Gate 1 lounge is no longer accepting guests. If you hold BA Silver (or equivelant) and above status then you could bring a guest into the lounge even if flying Economy. It seems they are no longer allowing this at the Gate 1 lounge.

I can't believe the lounge would be closed, as you mention it is a key part of the premium experience.

Sussex, England
Level Contributor
253 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BA flights/lounges from T4

We're flying out of T4 on Saturday, and received confirmation from BA yesterday that the lounge at Gate 1 is still open...

London, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BA flights/lounges from T4

Flyertalk Ba forum - I've re-read it and the thread was slightly ambiguous, but you are right it is just guests and CC silver etc. Phew what a relief...

Had visions of queuing up in Starbucks for a coffee :-P

UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: BA flights/lounges from T4

Thanks to all. Not looking good though for T4. On reading posts/threads on Flyertalk - seems BA have forgotten the "few" who still have to fly from T4 through no fault of their own....

www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php…

Please tell me that someone recently has had a better experience. I'm not pretentious at all, but am still paying for a Business class product...

BA beware - complacency leads to defection to other airlines with superb Heathrow Lounges ie. VA!!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,273 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BA flights/lounges from T4

Hey, I know the guy that started that thread on Flyertalk!

To be honest it doesn't sound like anything specific to flying Club World here will affect you (Concorde Room issues, First check-in etc).

I'm flying longhaul from T4 in a months time and can report back if you are flying after then.