We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airlines schedules

3 posts
Save Topic
airlines schedules

Looking for a little help. When do airlines change the dates when they accept bookings? We are trying to go away in Feb. 2009 and Jetblue is only accepting bookings until Jan 31 2009. I am traveling with small kids and want to book with them for President's week and realize that is a popular time to travel. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero, Melton Mowbray, Elora
Level Contributor
15,818 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airlines schedules

They may well release a new block at the beginning of next month. But the best way to know is to sign up for their email alerts. Then you will be the first to know when new seats have been released.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,070 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airlines schedules

There was a question about this last week or the week before; I called JetBlue just out of curiosity.

The woman to whom I spoke said they don't release fares and the flight schedule until six to eight months in advance of travel dates. I suspect that with a limited fleet and a desire to maximise revenue, they'll crunch the numbers until they have fares and a timetable that will work well for the company and its shareholders as well as serve pax (what a concept).

And as WV said, it's wise to get on the airline's email list.

3. Re: airlines schedules

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, September 28, 2009