We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

klm b777-300er

UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
klm b777-300er

Anyone flew on KLM's new 777-300er

3-4-3 seat config

Any seats to avoide.

Flying on this aircraft next month to JFK

Thanks...

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,589 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: klm b777-300er

I think ten across in a 777 sounds incredibly tight, and I suspect that the A and K (window) seats are going to be flush to the wall of the plane in order to allow such a configuration.

Not sure about the pitch KL will have on offer, but I think the seat width won't be much more than 17in. With an aisle seat you'll be able to get up and move around a bit if need be.

UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: klm b777-300er

On the Air France site seat res. you can only get seats from row 30 onwards.

Did hear that front section of cabin was 32'' going to 31'' towards the rear.

Rows 1-5 are WBC

Can anyone confirm this..

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
755 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: klm b777-300er

That must feel like a very tight cabin. All the 777's I've been on have been 3-3-3 and that was bad enough. I always prefer to get a window seat as at least you can see where you are and not be stuck between two passengers you don't know. At the end of the day all seats in economy are as bad as each other!

Have a nice flight!

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
285 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: klm b777-300er

Those I have been on have been 2-5-2...and you don't want to get stuck in the middle of that 5...I think it can be worse than sitting at the window of a 3-3-3

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,294 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: klm b777-300er

seatguru.com will tell you which seats are good and which are bad on this aircraft according to the airline's configuration.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,589 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: klm b777-300er

seatguru doesn't have the new configuration for KL's 777s yet. However, EK (Emirates) does have a new 777-300er with the info posted, so have a look at that seat map and see what you think.

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: klm b777-300er

Hi.

Seats on the connecting Newcastle - Amsterdam will probably be assigned upon check in.

The seats on AMS-JFK you mention in the back (rows 59-63) are indeed booked out.

If you can get them, subject to the fare / bookingclass you booked, you might opt for seats in the rows 10-14 section. They are in the so called select seating section. 11 H J are good ones in a row of 3, whereas 11H (aisle) has extra legspace and still is available. However, you can only book these seats when booked in a higher bookingclass/higher farelevel or if you have a FF-card of at least silver level.

Overwing seats are from row 30-37, you might avoid these too if you want a nice view outside. Pantry is in Row 50-51. Seats 41HJ are still available, also 43HJ, furthermore, seats left are further in the back in rows of 3 and 4....... Good luck choosing.

All subject to changes of course.......

Wiki

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: klm b777-300er

The seat map is on klm's website, average seat pitch 31"

https:/…777-300ER.htm

9. Re: klm b777-300er

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, September 28, 2009