We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why was April so expensive from Aust?

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Why was April so expensive from Aust?

I'm planning a trip to Europe for 2009 and was keeping an eye out on fares this year to get an idea of what I was in for.

Usually the prices go up from March to April (low to shoulder season) then up again in June for high season. However this year April was the same price as June, with May being cheaper.

I asked a local travel agent but they had no idea. Does anyone know why April this year was suddenly high season prices?

Thanks all.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why was April so expensive from Aust?

i think u haven't been looking in the right places.

if u look at bestflights.co.au there are prices there to europe with some airlines which are the same or even cheaper than they were in the pre april period that stretch right across the so called high season..

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why was April so expensive from Aust?

ooops....bestflights.com.au

sorry! fingers are not attached to the hand today.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why was April so expensive from Aust?

Thanks, will keep an eye on this site. Generally I was looking at Travel.com.au and flight centre, for Singapore airlines...

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why was April so expensive from Aust?

ok then.....SQ might not have so many specials.

i think their passenger loads are pretty good so maybe not the necessity.

travel.com.au usually have the same sort of specials as bestflights do but i find their site harder to negotiate so may miss them.

bf also have early bird specials so it's a good idea to subscribe to their email.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why was April so expensive from Aust?

Will keep an eye on both of them and hopefully one will have something worthwhile!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why was April so expensive from Aust?

mmiles, it could be high cos the uk school easter holidays weren't at easter (only got good fri/easter mon off), they're in april this year. fortnight off. the airlines always knock up prices for school hols here.

7. Re: Why was April so expensive from Aust?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, September 22, 2009