We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta 2009

Barnoldswick...
3 posts
Save Topic
Delta 2009

I've just booked 5 flights with Delta, as follows;

Man-Sfo via Jfk

Sfo-Lax

Lax-Las

Las-Jfk

Jfk-Man

We are staying for a few nights in each place in Feb 2009. Has anyone travelled on any of these routes, and if so how was it?

Thanks

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,708 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delta 2009

I suppose you were very excited about your trip but I cannot imagine booking flights that far in advance!!

Your time schedules can change lots of times before the actual flights and the internal flights would have been much less expensive on other carriers.

SFO/LAX is a very short flight basically you go up ,they give you a soft drink etc and you land.

The same applies to LAX /LAS.

I haven't done LAS/JFK

I have not flown from or to the UK so I am not sure which planes they use for that route. I DID fly to Venice with them and the planes were on time on all legs.

Barnoldswick...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Delta 2009

I like to be organised :-)

I only paid £512 per person for all those flights, so I thought t was a really good deal. I spent around 9 hours researching all other airlines and possible routes before finding this one!

The Man-Jfk planes are 757-200s, and from May this year they will all have seat back TVs according to their website.

Don't think I'll book the hotels for each city until a lot nearer the time in case any flights are cancelled or changed.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,913 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delta 2009

"I only paid £512 per person for all those flights, so I thought t was a really good deal. "

And I would concur, that's not a bad deal. One frustration you're likely to encounter is that your flight times will change 15 times between now and the travel dates. Sometimes by 5 minutes, sometimes by 2 hours. So just keep on eye on things.

Delta is the same as the other domestic US airlines. You'll only get a meal on your flights to and from MAN, just snacks on the other flights.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,708 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delta 2009

Wow! That IS really a good deal for all those flights so you did well BUT you can expect schedule changes so watch for them. February is off season in LA and SanFrancisco so you should do OK with hotel prices in those cities.

uk
Level Contributor
538 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delta 2009

I flew Delta from Man to Las via Atlanta, booked on line 10 months in advance and nothing changed - hope you're as lucky as we were this year. Great price. If you haven't booked your seats already, check out seatguru for the good/bad positions.

6. Re: Delta 2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, September 20, 2009