We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to LHR through London, Need Baggage help

Twin Falls, Idaho
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling to LHR through London, Need Baggage help

I am leaving Boise, Idaho on a Delta flight next week for London. I have to stop in LAX. My next flight is an American Airlines flight and I don't know if I should check my luggage through to LHR in Boise or if I should only check it in to LAX and then go through rechecking it in in LAX. I only have a 2 hour layover and wouldn't be concerned but I have never flown through LAX before and I hear it is a nightmare. If anyone has an idea or even an opinion I would really appreciate it. I leave on April 2, 2008

Twin Falls, Idaho
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to LHR through London, Need Baggage help

Sorry this should read I am traveling to London from LAX not LHR

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,159 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to LHR through London, Need Baggage help

LAX isn't that bad.

You'll be able to through check-it if your flight is booked on one ticket, and on separate tickets it is possibility if Delta and AA have a baggage interline agreement. They aren't in the same alliance so it is possible they won't do it. If they do you'd need to bring proof of your onward flight on AA.

Once you get to LAX you'd need to exit the secure area and go to Terminal 4 for your AA flight anyway. Delta fly into Terminal 5 and they are right next to each other.

3. Re: Traveling to LHR through London, Need Baggage help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, September 23, 2009