We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AA Problems!!!

Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
AA Problems!!!

Recently, I flew on a 767 on American, which had broken seats! The seats in front of me had: extra recline (2 times more- and it seemed it was because the recline thing way broken), broken reclines ( if you lay back the back part of seat reclines automatically) and lastly, on a 757, smelly bathroom/ wet feeling seats.

In addition, we got a 5 hour delay last year on a 757 which was supposed to depart at 8 but instead departed at nearly 2PM.

Anyone every had this type of situation before?

Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: AA Problems!!!

Lien:

There isn't much difference between aircraft today, but some airplanes always have malfunctions, like the landing gear on A320s. They recently have caused accidents, while 737's right now don't have any...

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
285 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: AA Problems!!!

Quote " think u will find that the 737 does not have that great a safety record in comparison to other commercial jet aircraft."

...true, but if one should look at the causes of many accidents/incidents we can sometimes see that this is where maintenance/human error have contributed...not to mention the lenght of time this airframe has been around.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,474 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: AA Problems!!!

We are opening the debate a bit here as to which or what aircaft is deemed 'safer' in the eyes of the traveller. Best not go there.

All aircraft are getting old, some fatigue of the interior is expected. All 'Washrooms' will smell if not properly cleaned whether the plane is on its maiden flight or has clocked up 1,000s of hours.

Some seats will get damaged, lockers not 'lock' but this won't cause the plane to plummet earthwards.

BUT, PAX should not have to sit in a broken seat, end of story. I did last year, I did not know it was broken until take off when it went into auto recline. It was reported. How else do you expect the airline to fix it? They can clean the bogs but cannot expect to check each of 300 seats for functionality in a 30 min turnround.

24. Re: AA Problems!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, September 23, 2009