We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car storage near Seatac airport

Seattle
Level Contributor
318 posts
Save Topic
Car storage near Seatac airport

HI,

My original plan of begging a friend or family member to take us to & from the airport has failed due to the late time of night.

We'd like to drive ourselves & are looking for good deals on weekly storage (9days) NEAR (not AT) Seatac airport in Seattle. Assuming there's a shuttle from the lot included.

Anyone have any experience with Budget airport parking, Seatac Park, Airstar Parking or others???

Thanks so much in advance.

Any tips are welcome.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car storage near Seatac airport

Taxi?

You could see if hotels include parking with their rate, even if you don't need the room. Where I am the Hampton Inn includes free parking for however long you are going away. I'd book the room for about $90, check-in and go home. Then park the car at a hotel the following morning and catch the shuttle to the airport. Cheaper than parking at the airport for a longer trip.

Seattle
Level Contributor
318 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car storage near Seatac airport

Thanks for the idea.

It looks like parking lots that are close to the airport have a pretty good rate. I'm looking at about $92 for the 9days for a secure storage lot & a shuttle to & from the airport. Not bad. Pretty hassle-free!

Now, I'm just wondering if anyone has any PARTICULAR experience with any lots close to Seatac- just in case one is for some reason a better/worse than others.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
193 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car storage near Seatac airport

Haven't ever used any of those park and fly lots at SeaTac, have heard negative things on the news and can't ever remember which ones were mentioned. We usually want to leave the car in front of the house while we're gone anyway, so take other transportation options. Have you considered a taxi? (roughly $40 one way from Ballard or West Seattle) or Shuttle Express? ($41 one way for two adults from Northgate area) Not as nice as driving yourself or having a friend take you, I know....

I prefer the taxi myself, only because the Shuttle picks you up way way ahead of time.

4. Re: Car storage near Seatac airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, September 23, 2009