We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying GB airways on a A320

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Topic
Flying GB airways on a A320

Flying from Gatwick to Sharm el Sheikh with GB airways on a Airbus A320, and have just been allocated my seats as we have children and they are in row 30 and 31, but on their own seating plans it shows the A320 only has 20 rows but the A321 has over 35, has anyone flown this route as I have checked my booking and it is still showing a A320.

Thanks for your help.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,067 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying GB airways on a A320

Have you checked Easyjet's website? GB Airways is/was a BA franchise but are coming under the Easyjet umbrella as of March 29th.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying GB airways on a A320

We flying before the change over so the flight will still be GBairways,just being row 31 on a 20 row plane is a little strange have to wait till tomorrow to call them.

Thanks

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,619 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying GB airways on a A320

An all coach configured A320 has around 31 rows. Even if the cabin is configured with a first class section they often skip row numbers, so you might have first being 1-5 and coach being 12-31 - like this.

seatguru.com/airlines/Air_Canada/Air_Canada_…

Where are you seeing only 20 rows? While that would be wonderful since your pitch would be 40", it is not going to happen.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,067 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying GB airways on a A320

If your flight is on March 18th, 20th, 27th or BA6862 on 22nd it is an A321.

At a guess I'd say the seatmap is that of an A321.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying GB airways on a A320

Thanks for your help on my booking it is still saying that the plane is a A320. but I have just rang BA who operate the flight and they say that it is a A321, and I saw the seat map on their website, they do not even have a seat plan for a A321, but that might be because it is a GB airways flight but operated by BA

Thanks for your help.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,067 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying GB airways on a A320

and I saw the seat map on their website, they do not even have a seat plan for a A321, but that might be because it is a GB airways flight but operated by BA

_____

The A321 is a relatively new addition to the GB Airways fleet and BA fleet and BA's seatmaps are rarely updated. Out of date configurations have been on their website for several years after they have been withdrawn.

If you want me to be a pedant the flight is operated by GB Airways, who operate as a BA franchise. Just treat it as if it were a BA flight though, use BA check-in etc.

7. Re: Flying GB airways on a A320

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, September 19, 2009