We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Berlin

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Air Berlin

We are hoping to travel from Paris to Munich, one-way, in September 2008. The trains were very expensive! I saw a reasonable fare on Air Berlin. I am trying to get information about Air Berlin; its reliability, luggage restrictions, etc. Any comments would be helpful.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,428 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Berlin

It's the best low-cost airline in Europe. It will be much what you would expect from the JetBlue and Virgin America end of the market (as opposed to Skybus). You will get a free meal/snack and drinks even on a short sector. Their baggage limits are generous too.

Book with confidence.

London, United...
Level Contributor
755 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Berlin

I've only heard good reviews of Air Berlin so I would have no problems booking with them. After looking at the airberlin.com website checked in luggage is 20kgs per person but hand luggage is only 6kgs. Be careful not to pack to much for carry on. The below information is taken from their website.

"For reasons of safety as well as convenience, each passenger is only allowed to take one item of hand luggage into the cabin. Hand luggage must not weigh more than 6 kg (8 kg for Laptop) and the dimensions must not exceed 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm"

"For short-haul or medium-haul flights the maximum free baggage allowance for checked baggage is 20 kg per passenger. For long-haul flights (the great circle distance between departure point and destination being at least 3,500 km) the maximum free baggage allowance is 20 kg per passenger (30 kg in business class), unless other regulations apply (e.g. two-piece concept). This free baggage allowance also applies to children and infants"

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Berlin

thank you for your encouraging comments. I have gone ahead and booked out flight. However, the printed confirmation states that our check-in baggage allotment is 32 kg. Where did you see the 20 kg limit?

London, United...
Level Contributor
755 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Berlin

Don't quote me on this but I 'think' you are only allowed 20 kgs of free luggage but the bag is allowed to weigh up to 32 kgs providing that you pay for the extra weight. Most airlines in Europe allow bags up to 32kgs but require you to pay for anything over their free allowance e.g. Ryanair 15 kgs, easyJet 20 kgs and so on.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Berlin

thank you so much for that important warning!

6. Re: Air Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, September 22, 2009