We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buy now or wait?

Level Contributor
69 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
buy now or wait?

In the past two years I have had to travel to Australia (from UK) in April and have been fortunate enough to grab great fares in October of the previous year for just over £600pp.

This year I also need to go in November with a stopover in Thailand on the way back. I realise that this will be more expensive than a single return (if not for the added taxes alone).

I am getting a bit concerned that I havent yet booked a ticket but the prices are all around £900-£1000. Ideally I would love to pay somewhere around £800pp.

Does anyone know if sale fares for November exist and when they will be released?

Am I dreaming to think I can get a fare (with a stopover) for £800?

Should I just book, particularly as dates are kind of important?

Any advice gratefully received.

Sussex, England
Level Contributor
253 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buy now or wait?

Try www.sidestep.co.uk, and use the multi-city option to do the BKK stopover.

I just tried random days in November (using Sydney since not sure where in Australia you're going to). British Airways/Qantas are doing it for £831pp and up

2. Re: buy now or wait?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 21, 2009