We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anybody have any up to date feedback on Zoom airlines?

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Does anybody have any up to date feedback on Zoom airlines?

I've searched on previous posts but there isn't much up to date info on this airline. I'm booked to travel home from Toronto - Gatwick on 8.30pm night flight at the beginning of March. I'm booked in premium economy. Any comments on the food/drinks service, comfort, TV screens? Just generally relating to the in flight experience! Thanks in advance for your help!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,118 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anybody have any up to date feedback on Zoom airlines?

I fly Zoom Premium Economy from and to Toronto.

Service in PE is good, the crew are attentive and pleasant. The seats are leather but no wider than economy, leg room is fantastic for me though, they are comfortable enough for us returning to Toronto but I find for sleeping overnight to London they aren't that great (I rarely sleep coming back). Seat formations are 2-4-2.

Free newspaper and bottled water. TV screens are communal, not on the seat backs (they show up to date films). There are two toilets, one behind the middle rear rows, one front left near the cockpit.

Food is free and okay, my husband eats and enjoys it, I no longer eat any airline food, it always upsets my stomach. Beverages also free.

We enjoy the check in for Premium Economy, you walk up to the seperate desk which rarely has a line up, you have extra allowance for baggage (30kg) and your checked in bags are labelled with priority stickers, meaning first off the plane....any time we've checked bags they've been waiting for us on the baggage carousel when we reach it.

You can book your seat now if you haven't already, I usually try to get the two rear (window/aisle) seats, no one behind you and they recline normally.

Hope that is helpful.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anybody have any up to date feedback on Zoom airlines?

Hi, many thanks for responding. That's really helpful.

London, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anybody have any up to date feedback on Zoom airlines?

Not sure how up-to-date this is, but I flew zoom last year a lot, going back and forth between Canada and London...

Being a student, I had the cheapest seats possible. The plane is definitely the most basic flying experience I've ever had (even compared to other budget transatlantic flights) but if its the cheapest price, then it would be 'worth' it. Plus side, the flight was incredibly fast (barely six hours) so even though we were delayed in Pearson, we arrived early at Gatwick.

I've found their prices have risen the last year so I've moved my businesses elsewhere (sometimes the difference btw Zoom and Air Canada maybe just $100 and worth it for a large jump in comforts on ACs new planes) but again, if you find a good deal then it is perfectly suitable.

4. Re: Does anybody have any up to date feedback on Zoom airlines?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, September 21, 2009