We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expedia

perth
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Topic
Expedia

sorry one last thing is there any danger with booking with expedia from australia? does anyone have bad stories of no tickets etc? will we be issued with tickets if we book through them?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
353 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Expedia

I have booked a few US domestic flights with them. You get an e - ticket. We had no problems at all.

Tamworth
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Expedia

I have booked several holidays with expedia (i live in the UK) as prev post they send you e tickets for flights and hotels have always been nice and never had a problems with any of the bookings!

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Expedia

Ditto we have booked with Expedia many, many times from the UK & never had any problems.........touch wood!!!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
22,360 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Expedia

I have used Expedia (UK) many times, and not had an issue with them. Call centre based in RoI, and were very helpful when wanting to amend hotel details prior to travel.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero, Melton Mowbray, Elora
Level Contributor
16,052 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Expedia

Just be absolutely sure you can't get a better deal direct from the airline(s). For a complicated itinerary Expedia could be better, but it's worth checking.

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
5,561 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Expedia

HI

expedia is the parent company of Trip Advisor

for what it is worth.

but I have never had a problem booking with them.

but they are not the cheapest.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Expedia

I've booked from the uk a couple of times now with Expedia and though they are't always the cheapest they usually are, We've had tickets throught the post and in the form of E-Tickets and no problems with them yet and no I wasn't aware they were the parent company of tripadvisor

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
13,318 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Expedia

In my experinece booking with Expedia it was more expensive than booking with the airline because we had to pay an admin fee.

Damascus, Oregon
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Expedia

Just be sure that your booking is correct. I mad a mistake on a return fight. Tried to fix it right away, but have had no help from Expedia. A flight from Phoenix AZ to Mnachester England and return.

My fault here I pressed the wrong return resulting in a trip to London and a ten hour wait between planes at Heathrow.

For months I've tried to get the trip changed to where my daughter could board the trip in London. Skipping to Manchester/ London leg of the trip. Sounds simple, and BMI could resell the empty seat.

BMI says no problem, but Expedia will not change the flight.

I didn't want a refund, and would even pay extra for the change, but this is like talking to a tree. Nothing really happens.

Over the years I've booked a lot of flights through Expedia, but that's going to change.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,075 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Expedia

Take a look at "Can anybody explain" for how poor Expedia can get. It needed the airline to sort it out. So why not go direct?