We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Armed Marshals on Eurpe-USA flights under consideration.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,162 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Armed Marshals on Eurpe-USA flights under consideration.

I read today, that our British Home Secretary is "giving consideration" to a request from U.S. authorities that ALL European flights destined to USA should have armed guards.

What do you guys think?

And, if it's being considered, should they be U.S. guards or guards from the country of departure?

Stoofer

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,785 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Armed Marshals on Eurpe-USA flights under consideration.

I dunno stoofer, I can believe anything these days.

"Changing" planes in NBO just before Christmas I actually got back in the same seat on the same plane I had left two hours earlier.

Down the side of 'my' seat was a Passport and Police I/D and Security Pass that were not there when I got off!

The crew had changed and I gave them to Snr FA. He grinned and said they belonged to the "Security Man" that rides on these flights. (He had been having a zzzz in my seat!)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,495 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Armed Marshals on Eurpe-USA flights under consideration.

Stoofer,

I believe what the guy said about finding the gun. It is perfectly feasible.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,162 posts
1 review
Save Reply
43. Re: Armed Marshals on Eurpe-USA flights under consideration.

I was tempted to say "LOL", but actually we should not be laughing, we should all be crying with despair :-(

Stoofer

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,495 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Armed Marshals on Eurpe-USA flights under consideration.

Couldn't agree more with you Stoofer. Middle eastern airlines have been using marshalls for years though. I feel sure we already have them on UK flights bound for the US too.

45. Re: Armed Marshals on Eurpe-USA flights under consideration.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, September 20, 2009