We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stansted /Salzburg airports and Ryanair priority boarding

UK
Level Contributor
301 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Stansted /Salzburg airports and Ryanair priority boarding

Does anyone know how Ryanair planes are boarded - bus or sleeve? - at these airports. Is it worth paying extra for priority boarding?

I normally don't bother as I don't care where I sit, ( and I frequently saw this arrangment didn't work fo those who paid for it!) but we are travelling with a child this time . We had problems sitting together for the first time last summer, it was solved eventually as some nice lady changed seats round with us, and I am wondering whether to fork out for it ??

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,882 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stansted /Salzburg airports and Ryanair priority boarding

Ryanair does not use jetways, so the option is walk to airstairs or bus.

Definitely at Stansted you will walk to the aircraft, so priority boarding is worth it, and essential when travelling with a child.

Salzburg is a tiny airport and I don't believe they use buses.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,353 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stansted /Salzburg airports and Ryanair priority boarding

Ryanair normally allow people travelling with young children to board first or ahve they changed that in favour of the $$. How young is the child? I am sure that they are not allowed to let really young children be seperated from their guardians

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,882 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stansted /Salzburg airports and Ryanair priority boarding

They have changed in favour of $$ and yes, they would and have.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stansted /Salzburg airports and Ryanair priority boarding

Only 60 people and the on-line check-ins get priority boarding. So if you can get to the front of the rest you should be OK.

Board at the back, every scrums to the front as it is nearer the gate. If you go in the back you get a good laugh at the long queue up the stairs and a plane which is empty from row 5 back.

UK
Level Contributor
301 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stansted /Salzburg airports and Ryanair priority boarding

Thanks everyone!!!!

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,882 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stansted /Salzburg airports and Ryanair priority boarding

> Only 60 people and the on-line check-ins get priority boarding.

So that will be most of the plane then!

If even 100 people board before the OP, what the chance he/she will find two seats together?

There have been so many complaints about separated families that I would not risk it. Fork out for the priority boarding and get to the front of the queue.

Or better still, fly a reputable airline. With all of Ryanair's add-ons you will probably find it's cheaper.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,882 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stansted /Salzburg airports and Ryanair priority boarding

sbpost.ie/post/…1.asp

People travelling with infants on Ryanair flights face higher charges than other passengers, as they are excluded from using the airline’s free online check-in option.

‘‘There are grounds under section five of the Equal Status Act 2000 in relation to non-discrimination in the provision of goods and services,” said James Doorley, chairman of the Consumers’ Association.

8. Re: Stansted /Salzburg airports and Ryanair priority boarding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, September 18, 2009