We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Greetings from the TSA ...

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,624 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Greetings from the TSA ...

The Transportation Security Administration is making their list and checking it twice. Additional reminders for travelers at this festive season:

- Note that snowglobes are not permitted in carry-on luggage because they contain liquid.

- Holiday foods, such as cake and pie, may have ingredients similar to liquids and gels, and they may be inspected at checkpoints.

Do they confiscate the really yummy ones?

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
4,720 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Greetings from the TSA ...

Hi

now we know how to get rid of that fruitcake you received but didn't want let TSA confiscate it

Sunny Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Greetings from the TSA ...

But they didnt confiscate grandma's christmas pudding thank goodness.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Greetings from the TSA ...

I had no trouble getting my Chrissy chocolate through. I was however concerned about the packet of crisps i had in my carry on as the packet expanded to the point where i was expecting an explosion at any time, a big bang in my bag would not have gone down well mid flight,i did get the giggles about the prospect of chips flying through the cabin.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,624 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Greetings from the TSA ...

Glad to know the goodies are getting through (fruitcake excepted).

Watch out for any inspector named "little Jack Horner"! :)

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Greetings from the TSA ...

"- Note that snowglobes are not permitted in carry-on luggage because they contain liquid."

If TSA stupidity was not permitted, it would be disbanded.

Our country has become almost unrecognizable.

6. Re: Holiday Greetings from the TSA ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, September 15, 2009