We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worst plane ride?

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
193 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Worst plane ride?

I used to be petrified of flying, but as I now fly pretty regular, I sort of cope with it a bit better. However my last flight with monarch was pretty scary, (I've talked about it in an earlier post!), but when I got home, and told people my story, they were like;- "Oh thats nothing, this happened to me........!"

I just wondered if anyone has any terrifying tales to tell, when they've had a bad take-off, flight, landing etc just to see how bad things can sometimes get?

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Worst plane ride?

WV - yes, we were emigrating or, in my case, being dragged kicking and screaming to Australia. Been here nearly 40 years now and wouldn't go back.

Slightly off topic, but the ship I was booked on to do an Antarctic cruise in January has just sunk - am I jinxed?

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,656 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Worst plane ride?

Well, I'm wondering about a jinx and if you should be a good little Numbat and stay in your hollow log and not travel_______but there is no fun in that is there.

I'm off to open a good red and watch the election results.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,739 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Worst plane ride?

Well Numbat scores top points, but Mr Cellophane gets Highly Commended for his freudian slip "reverse trust ".

24. Re: Worst plane ride?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, September 14, 2009