We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

virgin sale

england
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Topic
virgin sale

anyone know if virgin are due to hav another sale soon? I know they had one for two days tis time last year and the bargains were amazing.

thanks

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: virgin sale

I *think* their big sales are usually in September and January.

You may see other routes on offer from time to time. Two things to do -

1) Keep your eye on the website, check prices and click onto special offers.

2) And if you are not already a member of Flying Club, sign up and get their regular e-mails.

PS - If you're not a member of Flying Club, PM me your e-mail address, I'll send you an invite through the website, and when you take your first flight, we both get bonus miles!

Shhh.

A

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,780 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: virgin sale

Bother,

Just realised it was plane tickets on offer!

england
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: virgin sale

Thanks for the offer scots al, unforrtunately already a member and am still looking for another five people to sign up so if anyone is interested ...........

I am monitoring the web site daily, which is how I found the ridiculously cheap seats last year. I know prices were low last month, but it is a bit of a gamble. I am getting nervous now as flying in january, and still not booked.

The great thing about flying club is, I can use some miles to reduce the price of the current tickets. I think it is nearly £200 cheaper for 2,000 miles. Good deal.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: virgin sale

Worth a try!

Just a word of caution, though - while you can get some great deals on miles plus money fares such as £200 off for 2,000 miles, there are occasions - especially during sales - when a miles plus money fare is actually more expensive than just buying the ticket outright. And of course you also forfeit 2,000 miles and the right to earn any new miles on that journey.

Always check it out fully!

england
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: virgin sale

thanks scots al,

Oh yes I know that, so last year just bought tickets at bargain basement price and earned 4,000 miles each. So in turn this year 2,000 miles each will save us £200 each. Good deal. Had I used miles as well last year would have saved about £10 each, not earned any, as you so rightly said, and not had the miles to play with for future use.

Still can't resist a bargain though and the chance to earn more miles to save for that upgrade!

London, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: virgin sale

Sale is on now, in case you missed it.

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: virgin sale

Bother,

Just realised it was plane tickets on offer!

LMAO! Are there actually any of those left anymore??

england
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: virgin sale

thanks, was going to go standby (I work in travel industry), but with the possible airport/virgin strikes looming, panic-bought two firm tickets sale. Thought if going standby the world and his wife would take priority over us and we would miss valuale sun bathing time!

Paid £430 each for return to Barbados. Last year paid £317. They were cheaper a few weeks ago but not by much.

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: virgin sale

The sale only goes till the end of May at the moment. Hopefully they will include more dates in January. Usually its for most of the year as I usually get tickets for September travel in January (looking for June at the moment).

10. Re: virgin sale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, September 15, 2009