We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok Airports ?

Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok Airports ?

Hi there

Dont mean to sound dim, but I am trying to put together an itinery to fly LHR to Bangkok,then via Bangkok Airways down to Siem Reap in cambodia for a few days, then I have discovered that we can fly direct from Siem Reap down to Phuket,. I then intend to book a flight back to Bangkok with Air Asia to link up with our flight home back to London.

What I am confused about is the two airports at Bangkok. We have been to Thailand a few times, but all before then new airport was built.

I just need to know that with all these different flights, that we can be sure that we will be flying into the CORRECT Bangkok airport.

Does anyone know if, for example the domestic flights fly into the old airport or the new Intl airport.

Am slightly worried that we will end up at the wrong airport with not enough time to transfer across Bangkok to get to the right one.

any advice would be really appreciated.

thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
889 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok Airports ?

We flew to Bangkok and on to Phuket and then return in July and everything was at the new airport. But this wasn't the case with all internal flights. Once the runway at the new airport is repaired it should be. But Thai told us which domestic flight to catch, so presumably your travel agent could do this. If you don't have an agent, hopefully the particular airline would know. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok Airports ?

My Bangkok Air flight in May from Luang Prabang flew into the new airport and they seem to have a substantial investment there. Can't comment on Air Asia. Have you checked their website?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
235 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok Airports ?

domestic travel is mostly at the old airport Don Muang..Intl flights are all at the new one called Suvarnabhumi....check with the individual airlines u are flying....thats the best way...

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,841 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok Airports ?

As the previous posting says -check with your airline web sites.

We are flying to and from Krabi with Thai and these flights are from the new airport-Suvarnabhumi.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok Airports ?

Both AirAsia and Bangkok Airways use the new airport (BKK).

Nok Air fly all their domestic flight from the old airport (DMK). But their international flight out of the new one. At this time only international flights using the old airport are charter flights.

Thai Airways has domestic flight from both airports. 3 digit flight-numbers are BKK and 4 digit flight-numbers are DMK..

The old airport is there to stay, no matter what anyone suggests. Nothing to do with the runways at the new airport. The new airport is almost at full capacity. During it's first year of operation it has handled one flight every 2 minutes and 1.3 passenger every second.

More flights including international flights will be moving to the old airport during the next 12 months.

Bangkok
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok Airports ?

all international flight use new airport called "Suvarnabhumi" or Bangkok airport.

For domestic : Thai Airway and Nok Air operate in both old and new.

Air Asia : use new airport for both international and domesttic.

old airport name Donmueng

7. Re: Bangkok Airports ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, September 14, 2009