We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Credit my miles to AirFrance or Delta?

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
110 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Credit my miles to AirFrance or Delta?

I'm currently in a dilemma. I've flown Delta a few days ago, and I intend to fly Airfrance in a month or so. Both are Skyteam members, so I can credit one company's mileage to my account on the other. Since both flights are long haul overseas trips, the amount of mileage in the end will be quite large. I want to credit them all to only one company, so when I want to get my free ticket I'll have enough mileage to do so.

I intend to go to the US next year, so I was thinking of crediting all my miles to my Delta account. However, Airfrance service so far has been so much better than Delta. I've also read a few posts in this forum reporting difficulties in getting Delta staff to issue prize tickets from other Skyteam partners.

Considering Airfrance only flies Paris from the city I'll be departing from, while Delta flies a number (4 or 5) of american cities, I'm in a serious doubt whether to credit my miles to Delta or Airfrance.

Has anyone had any experience issuing free tickets from either one of these companies? How is service to mileage holders in each company? I'll appreciate any inputs very much!

Thanks...

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Credit my miles to AirFrance or Delta?

I would get a Delta Skymiles card. Air France rarely credit 100% of the miles for an AF flight on flying blue. If you have a cheap far you may get as few as 25% of the actual miles. Delta are more generous and routinely give 100% miles flown.

I'm a Flying Blue Elite member at the moment and have found Delta to be much more accommodating and helpful than AF.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
110 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Credit my miles to AirFrance or Delta?

thanks athtrasna. That's the kind of input i was expecting. Since Delta destinations are more convenient to me, I'll put my miles on Delta, then.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,876 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Credit my miles to AirFrance or Delta?

You should bank all of you skyteam miles into one account. Which airline that is will depend on where you fly from, to, etc. Be aware that some airlines do not aware 100% mileage on all flights based on fare class - Continental is an example here.

You might want to check out flyertalk.com for everything you ever needed to know about FF miles.

4. Re: Credit my miles to AirFrance or Delta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, September 13, 2009