We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA replace the 747 with the 777 LHR to BOM

UK
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Topic
BA replace the 747 with the 777 LHR to BOM

I have just booked 2 returns to Mumbai for early next January. I notice that the plane will now be a 777 which BA are introducing onto this route.

Any comments on comparing 747 comfort versus the 777.

Thanks

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
7,994 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA replace the 747 with the 777 LHR to BOM

I can't speak for the BA 747 configuration but in general I have found the 777 to be roomier cabin wise. We just came back on a 777 LHR and there was plenty of room to maneuver at least in WT+

Seatguru shows the layout for the 777 as follows

seatguru.com/airlines/British_Airways/Britis…

and the 747 as:

seatguru.com/airlines/British_Airways/Britis…

On big difference I noted is that the 777 is a 3/3/3 in coach, the 747 is a 2/3/2, which means more chance of the dreaded middle seat.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
993 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA replace the 747 with the 777 LHR to BOM

"On big difference I noted is that the 777 is a 3/3/3 in coach, the 747 is a 2/3/2, which means more chance of the dreaded middle seat."

Actually the 747 is 3/4/3 in coach.. which means much MORE chance of a middle seat.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
7,994 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA replace the 747 with the 777 LHR to BOM

Good lord, what the heck was I looking at...

4. Re: BA replace the 747 with the 777 LHR to BOM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, September 12, 2009