We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eithad Airways Seat Allocation

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Eithad Airways Seat Allocation

Last week we booked a flight with Eithad Airways to Bangkok using Expedia, changing flights in Abu Dhabi. When we looked at the internet confirmation we realised that the seats had been allocated per flight. My husband had requested a window seat and I had said no preference. The seat numbers allocated are not together in fact on one leg we are at opposite ends of the plane. We mentioned this to Expedia who told us to mention it at check in but as there are four separate flights this does not seem a good option. We have tried to contact Eithad both by phone (long queue) and by e-mail (no repsonse) does anyone know what Eithads policy is regarding seat allocation, will it be easy for us to change these at the airport or do we need to perserve in trying to contact them before we fly.

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eithad Airways Seat Allocation

Funnily enough, I just read this on smh.com.au:

smh.com.au/news/…

"There are about 30 seats in (Etihad) Pearl class depending on the plane type. Travelling alone there is no problem but a word of warning for couples who wish to sit together. Due to seat configurations there is limited availability of seats beside each other in this class (each seat/bed is a self-contained capsule that sits half a seat space back from its neighbour). There was a lady on my flight from Abu Dhabi back to Sydney who was very upset because out of a total of four Etihad flights she had not been seated with her husband on one of them. Flight crew were sympathetic and a lot of champagne flowed but I feel this is something couples need to know."

So even in business class it looks like a problem. Good luck with getting a response.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eithad Airways Seat Allocation

Thanks for your help. Eventually managed to get through by phone and all sorted (hopefully). Awkward booking through agent, on Eithads website gives you the opportunity to pick seats from drop down diagram but looks like you are just given random seats if booking through agent.

Thanks again

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eithad Airways Seat Allocation

Hi SHaley

Thanks for the warning

We are 3 ladies travelling on Etihad from Sydney to Egypt in February next year and booked our flights through a travel agent last week but had not got around to seat allocations as yet

When my husband flew with them in June from Sydney - Heathrow, I booked through Webjet and then rang Etihad direct who were very happy to arrange his seat for him and also his return flights

All my phone calls to them were very courteous and efficient but that was their Sydney Office and they are fairly new to Australia

So I will get on to them today and make sure of our seats

Thanks Again

Abbey

Abbey

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,745 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eithad Airways Seat Allocation

maybe pax will need to request sit next to each other LOL

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,338 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eithad Airways Seat Allocation

I enjoyed the same level of courteous and efficient service as Abby with the Etihad Manchester office when I contacted them to reserve our Manchester/Bangkok return flights.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eithad Airways Seat Allocation

I phoned Etihad today and they have already allocated us 3 seats in the middle so that we are sitting together

That is for a flight travelling next February ... Sydney to Cairo and return

I would definitely get it sorted before the flight

Abbey

Australia
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Eithad Airways Seat Allocation

If you book through a travel agent, you can get them to bring up the seat map in their system and they can request seats for you no problems.

8. Re: Eithad Airways Seat Allocation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, September 13, 2009