We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Continental BusinessFirst

Sussex, England
Level Contributor
253 posts
230 reviews
Save Topic
Continental BusinessFirst

LGW/EWR

Any opinions on this product? Very good deals available in November

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Continental BusinessFirst

They run regular Business First and what I consider Business Lite. On the London routes they usually run the full shot, but even Business lite is OK, but closer to US domestic service with better food. Ask for water if they're not handing out bottles. The seats alone are worth the price if you can get the reduced rate. Not full sleeper, but very comfortable. Not worth their usual full C fare, but an excellent buy when they do the discounts.

Sussex, England
Level Contributor
253 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Continental BusinessFirst

Thanks very much. Going to try for the flights using the 777, their website says these planes have new, better Business seats.

Only catch is that these fares are "R" class - no reciprocal Skywards mileage entitlement. I suppoe the od saying holds: "You can't have your cake...."!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,986 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Continental BusinessFirst

"Only catch is that these fares are "R" class - no reciprocal Skywards mileage entitlement."

Where did you see this information? I have an "R" class ticket booked and was told by various posters on airline forums that they are receiving their mileage (including the 150% bonus) for these flights. You're right, still a good deal without it...

Sussex, England
Level Contributor
253 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Continental BusinessFirst

www.skywards.com

How do I earn Skywards miles?/Airlines/Continental Airlines

R is not listed as an eligible class for Continental flights....

I phoned the Skywards helpdesk this morning to confirm. They also confirmed that only Emirates & Sri Lanka flights count towards Tier Mileage balances, although most other Continental classes do count towards normal reward mileage.

Sussex, England
Level Contributor
253 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Continental BusinessFirst

although R probably still counts for Continental Airlines schemes - I was referring to the Emirates "Skywards" scheme, which has Continental & United as partner airlines....

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,986 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Continental BusinessFirst

"although R probably still counts for Continental Airlines schemes - I was referring to the Emirates "Skywards" scheme, which has Continental & United as partner airlines.... "

Thanks, understood...

I'm with Delta Skymiles, and they give full credit for an "R" class for flights on Continental.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
54,850 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Continental BusinessFirst

The seats are ok, but they should really give you a flatbed for the kind of fares they charge.

8. Re: Continental BusinessFirst

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:35 am, September 10, 2009