We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business lounge Gatwick.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Business lounge Gatwick.

Has anyone used the new Emirates business/first class lounge at Gatwick?

Just wondered if they serve proper meals or just sandwiches, nuts etc?

I'd hate to eat at home & arrive there & find wonderful food on offer......!

Thanks all.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Business lounge Gatwick.

I havent used that one, but have never encountered a business class lounge that actually serves meals, its always the nuts etc Havent seen sandwiches either. Obviously I am using the wrong lounges, can you give some examples?

Lincs UK
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Business lounge Gatwick.

Kencar,

not used the Gatwick biz lounge but the ones in Dubai and Bangkok serve hot snacks as well as the usual stuff.There may be more info here

emirates.com/uk/…EmiratesAirportLounges.asp

H

Sussex, England
Level Contributor
253 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Business lounge Gatwick.

kencar,

Don't eat at home. Used the new Gatwick Emirates lounge last month. They serve plenty of food - hot and cold. More than enough variety to fill your plates. Displayed buffet-style so you can help yourself, must have been at least 20 different things, including proper desserts.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Business lounge Gatwick.

I *am* using the wrong airlines!

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Business lounge Gatwick.

Thanks everyone. I was hoping the new lounge would be better than the old one.

Definitely going to wait until we get there to eat.

We've eaten in the Dubai lounge & the food on offer there is incredible but we always arrive too tired & stuffed after our flight.

It will be nice to be able to really experience what's on offer for once.

Thanks again.

Sussex, England
Level Contributor
253 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Business lounge Gatwick.

The Gatwick Emirates Lounge is in a different league to the big one in Dubai - much quieter & calming. Food is much better, and not even close to being a bun fight. We were reluctant to leave to board the flight!

7. Re: Business lounge Gatwick.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 08, 2009