We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Globespan

Scotland
Level Contributor
28 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Globespan

I've booked to travel from Glasgow to Boston on 1 September, I've been reading lots of horror stories about this airline on this site. Has anyone had recent experience good or bad flying on this route?

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
364 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Globespan

Stick Globespan in the search option and you'll find all you need to know.

scotland
Level Contributor
792 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Globespan

We flew with them to Boston in july, we were 4 hours late leaving Glasgow and 2 hours late leaving Boston. the plane was 737 which was a bit small for a transatlantic flight. We had booked an upgrade which gave us 3 seats between the 2 of us, so we had a bit more legroom. All n all i would not use them again to go to USA, simply because of the type of plane (and the delays) and they are not that good a price. We flew with Aer Lingus last year and without an upgrade they was mor legroom. Globespan's advantage is that it is a direct flight.

Hope this helps.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
264 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Globespan

I just posted today. This is a totally different route, but my husband flew last night from JFK to Knock, Ireland. They had no gate to leave from but put them on a shuttle to the plane in plenty of time to leave as scheduled. He called this morning and said they actually got in a few minutes early! There's hope yet! Good luck.

London, United...
Level Contributor
755 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Globespan

Sadly, Globespan has had a lot of negative press recently. They have been doing really well with European routes from Scotland and the rest of the UK, and then started flying long haul. IMO they seemed to add a LOT of long haul routes all at once without having the planes to fly them all. I have read lots of reviews where the airline says the route will be flown by, say a 757 or larger aircraft, only to be downgraded a small 737 and then make a fuel stop along the way to America without informing the passengers of this . It's not comfy being in a small jet for up to 7/8 hours. I would personally not choose to fly with GSM (aside from the fact I can fly easily from all London airports with the major airlines) mainly because of the delays, and the fact that there are many other options within the same price range with full service airlines that will have a lot more back up if things were to go wrong.

Now, stop talking so negative I tell myself! As I have said in other posts, the majority of passengers who write reviews only do so if they have had a bad flight. The reviews you read are only from a tiny percentage of the total passengers flown, most of whom don't have a bad flight at all!

5. Re: Globespan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, September 06, 2009