We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help, does anyone know about Spirit Air baggage charge?

Georgia
Level Contributor
254 posts
Save Topic
Help, does anyone know about Spirit Air baggage charge?

We have never used Spirit Air before and I found out yesterday that we must pay $10.00 a piece each way for ALL checked luggage/baggage. We are only allowed one carryon bag each and all other checked luggage you have to pay for. I have tried to contact

the airline for two days and the voice says "Due to a high volume of calls at this time we can't take your call, please call back later." I have tried from 6:00am until 12:00pm and still no answer. If anyone knows anything about this will you please let me know if this info. is correct. I found out on their website about this, not from my TA. Also everytime I try to pre purchase baggage online it states that I can't use my credit card to try another one. So I tried 4 different cards and it would not take any of them. Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks for your help!!!

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,767 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help, does anyone know about Spirit Air baggage charge?

We paid right at the airport when we checked our bags - Good luck with trying to call them, it is a hopeless prospect! Also, don't pack ANYTHING of value - sentimental or otherwise in your bag - search back through the forum to find the horror stories!

2. Re: Help, does anyone know about Spirit Air baggage charge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, September 05, 2009