We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thompsonfly 'sitting together' option

manchester
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
Thompsonfly 'sitting together' option

Is it worth paying for the 'sitting together' option?

How realistic is to sit together without paying ( we're 2 adults and a child and obviously I want to sit next to my child )

Thanks

NYC
Level Contributor
330 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thompsonfly 'sitting together' option

Low cost carrier - you get what you pay for!

If you want to sit together and want the security of knowing that you will sit next to your child then pay for it. It is not fair to expect the airline to do it for you automatically. They tell you upfront that they can not ensure that you will sit together unless you pay for it. Logic would dictate that if you want to sit together - pay for it.

manchester
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thompsonfly 'sitting together' option

It's not really low cost in my case ( the cost is comparable and even more than any in-direct flight), it's the only direct flight option ... And how exactly are they going to entertain the

6 year old sitting by himself - it's not in their interest anyway!

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thompsonfly 'sitting together' option

That wont stop them I have seen many full fare carriers split families up let alone low cost ones. We flew with first choice to greece recently and didnt pay the extra but there it was just two adults so we could cope with the separation should it happen :-) , Outbound we got two together, inbound, two together across the aisle, just like another couple who had paid the extra, as far as FC were concerned they were 'together'.

As a child is involved I'd say pay the extra for two and take a chance on the third, as many of these flights are 3-3 seating (for Europe) they will put the third person next to you when you check in together anyway. If you are going to the US, then I'd pay for all three just to be sure.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
40,588 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thompsonfly 'sitting together' option

Hi

Went to Paris with them last year and didnt pay for seat option but we were given seats together. Depends on where you are going and whether aircraft full.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thompsonfly 'sitting together' option

Hi, When we've flown with them to Las Palmas and Palma we opted for no meals as they put all the no meals at the rear so both times ended up together with spare seats around! At check-in they told us all seats are allocated the previous day.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,259 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thompsonfly 'sitting together' option

Just check in early and there should not be a problem

Cheshire
Level Contributor
129 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thompsonfly 'sitting together' option

i agree, save money and check in very early! We do every year with our two kids and we always get to sit together. It doesnt matter if you are waiting for ages around manchester airport after check in, there is lots to do and lots of places to eat. and at least you will then have saved some money for them all important souvenirs once you get to your destination!

Also, if you check in later, you get the odd friendly passenger on board who would swop seats with you if you dont get seats together.

Jude x

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thompsonfly 'sitting together' option

"6 year old sitting by himself - it's not in their interest anyway!"

Look at the "How would you feel" thread re Emirates about an 8 year old being allocated a seat by themselves..

Southport...
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thompsonfly 'sitting together' option

Thankyou jointheuk I was just going to refer to that! Reserving seats AND checking in 10 hours early AND the airline guaranteeing seats didn't work for us.

10. Re: Thompsonfly 'sitting together' option

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, September 04, 2009