We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying to Europe with AD and tranq.

8 posts
Flying to Europe with AD and tranq.

Hi.

I'm going to bring into Europe from non-EU country my Xanax, Lyrica and Prozac (1 pack each) for personal use. I have a prescription. Should I declare them? In effect, should I go through red or green (nothing to declare) line?

5 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
22,888 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Flying to Europe with AD and tranq.

Personal medicine is not something that needs to be declared to Customs

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
11,029 posts
80 reviews
2. Re: Flying to Europe with AD and tranq.

Keep the medication in the original packing and only take enough for your holiday. You also need a copy of the prescription. Chances are you will not even be asked about them, nothing to declare at all. Take the medication in your hand luggage, not hold luggage, then it will always be with you.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Flying to Europe with AD and tranq.

Just check that the medication you're carrying isn't on the list of controlled / prohibited drugs in the countries you're visiting, but other than that only carry how much you need plus 2-3 days buffer and with the prescription. Keep it in your hand baggage.

Other than that I agree, chances are no one will even bother checking but if they do, you've got yourself covered.

Bludenz, Austria
Level Contributor
259 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: Flying to Europe with AD and tranq.

What the others have said, keep the medication in your hand luggage with the prescription. Those 3 medications are fine to take with you, they are used here in Europe as well (under different names).

8 posts
5. Re: Flying to Europe with AD and tranq.

Thank you.

I heard Xanax may be considered as a controlled drug in Denmark where I'm going to, but I failed to find the list itself.

Reply to: Flying to Europe with AD and tranq.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted