We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar airways name passport

2 posts
Qatar airways name passport

Hi...please!!! My flight is tomorrow and my name in my ticket is jut with my first name and my first last name (because I have two last name)...But usually I use just my first name and last name. I called to Qantas and said I need cancel my flight and booking another one!!!... Anyone have the same problem?

6 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
6,328 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Qatar airways name passport

Huh?

Your title says Qatar airways, but your post says Qantas.

Which airline are you taking about OP?

2 posts
2. Re: Qatar airways name passport

Sorry ..is qatar

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
9,642 posts
52 reviews
3. Re: Qatar airways name passport

<<But usually I use just my first name and last name>>

Usually for what purpose? Air travel? What name is ur passport? If passport has your double last name you may indeed have a problem.

Kenitra, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: Qatar airways name passport

I really doubt Qatar airline solution is to cancel the flight thus loosing so much money rather then finding a better solution.

Are you sure your not dealing with a 3rd party booking agency who would suggest such a thing.

I'd call Qatar back and ask to speak with a supervisor.

If your not changing the entire name to someone else they really should be able to assist with solving this for you.

If you didn't go direct with the airline then things get more complicated.

UK
Level Contributor
3,286 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Qatar airways name passport

As you are flying tomorrow there is no point cancelling now, indeed if the flight is full or overbooked you may not be able to buy another ticket at this stage.

Go to the airport and see if they can either fix the ticket there or perhaps they will even accept it as is.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
9,642 posts
52 reviews
6. Re: Qatar airways name passport

Some airlines unfortunately do have a zero tolerance when it comes to name changes, Emirates for example: "...and any error in name or spelling of the name will mean that the ticket will have to be cancelled (with the applicable cancellation charges) and a new one purchased in the correct name, subject to current fares and availability of flights."

I have searched in vain for Qatar's policy on name changes which makes me suspect they don't want people to know the bad news.

Edited: 10:32 am, September 22, 2018
Reply to: Qatar airways name passport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted