We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reserve seat pay at counter?

9 posts
Reserve seat pay at counter?

I know it has become the norm for a traveller to book a flight online but I have a really good reason to have to buy my ticket at the airport. How do I reserve my seat on jet blue then pay for my ticket at the airport?

7 replies to this topic
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
41,337 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Reserve seat pay at counter?

Flights have to be paid for at the same time as they're booked, so you can't reserve a seat on a flight and then pay for it at the airport at some other time. You could go to the Jetblue desk at the airport and book and pay for it there and then.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Reserve seat pay at counter?

Yeah...no, that's not how this works.

You have to pay for the flight before you can choose a seat.

I cannot think of a single "very good reason" to pay at the airport when you appear to already know in advance what you want.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,911 posts
77 reviews
3. Re: Reserve seat pay at counter?

Not sure I understand the question. How do you reserve a seat on a flight you haven't booked?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,781 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: Reserve seat pay at counter?

Do not know Jet Blue process details.

I assume you have called the airline, reserved a ticket and a seat and will pick up the ticket at the airport and pay there.

As mentioned above, you cannot reserve a seat before purchasing a ticket or make a reservation with the airline.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,615 posts
26 reviews
5. Re: Reserve seat pay at counter?

If you don't pay for your ticket in advance, you will not have a confirmed reservation. Won't you be at risk of not getting on the flight you want if you want till you arrive at the airport to pay for your ticket? Also you will likely have to pay a higher, last-minute fare. You cannot pick your seat in advance without paying.

9 posts
6. Re: Reserve seat pay at counter?

Sorry this was kind of random I read somewhere about a "dummy booking" and thought that's what it was. I really don't care how much my ticket cost. I will buy it online. I have taken flights before and didn't know what a dummy booking was so I should have just asked that. Thanks for clarifying.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
32 reviews
7. Re: Reserve seat pay at counter?

Dummy booking is literally going all the way on the booking website, and not clicking "Pay Now" - so you can understand all costs involved.

Reply to: Reserve seat pay at counter?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted