We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frequent Flyer/ Mileage reward programs?

New England
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Topic
Frequent Flyer/ Mileage reward programs?

I'm looking for a good mileage reward program. I had Aeroplan but they recently changed their policy on mileage/points expiration from 3 years to 1 year. Now they mandate you to remain active every 12 months to avoid mileage/points expiry. Mine was all wiped out =(

I don't consider myself a frequent flyer but who doesn't want to take advantage of free $. My biggest dilemma is keeping the account active. I'll be ok if there's at least a 3-year window and activities are not limited to just flying or booking a hotel. Also, I find it difficult to keep track of all the different programs, how many points I have accumulated, if I can redeem, when I need to redeem etc. There's not a ton of time for me to go through all the rewards chart to figure those out.

Anyone have KrisFlyer or Asia Miles? I'd like to consider either one. Which do you think is better for me? Your feedback on this would be very helpful to me! Thanks in advance.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
725 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frequent Flyer/ Mileage reward programs?

I can't help you with these 2 programs, but most of the US airline FF programs allow you to keep an account active by purchasing something via their online "malls". For example with Usairways, you can purchase a song via itunes for 99¢ and that's enought o keep the account active.

2. Re: Frequent Flyer/ Mileage reward programs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 01, 2009