We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do travel agents see more flights than their clients can

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
313 posts
How do travel agents see more flights than their clients can

MCO>PHL>BUD: Depart MCO at 2:14 and asrrive at BUD at 9:35 the next morning. That appears to be exActy the flight my travel agent was talking about based on flight times, airlines, and airports. There was just one problem: All we would get are 1:32 minutes at PHL instead of the 4 hours my TA mentioned. What can this happen in less than a week?

108 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
97,661 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: How do travel agents see more flights than their clients can

Best ask your TA.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
49 posts
2. Re: How do travel agents see more flights than their clients can

If the flight numbers and flight times are all the same, then it seems the TA was wrong about the length of the connection.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
289 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: How do travel agents see more flights than their clients can

Magic.

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
5,396 posts
94 reviews
4. Re: How do travel agents see more flights than their clients can

Lol. Probably because they paid for stuff you didn't. Did you try taking advantage of a travel agent? Shame on you.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
61,266 posts
171 reviews
5. Re: How do travel agents see more flights than their clients can

Sometimes, a TA might be able to give you legal, interline combinations that the normal public won't see. For example, my agent might be able to issue Star Alliance carrier + a Oneworld carrier flights on the same ticket, something normally not available on the respective airline's own websites.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,307 posts
6. Re: How do travel agents see more flights than their clients can

Am I being a bit mathematically challenged here? How can identical flight combos that have the same depart time and final arrival time (2:14 MCO and 9:35 BUD) have different transit times in PHL (1:32 min vs 4 hrs). Is it even possible that the MCO-PHL leg can be 2:30 hrs slower in the version the OP can see vs the TA version?

7. Re: How do travel agents see more flights than their clients can

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:02 am, September 17, 2018

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
49 posts
8. Re: How do travel agents see more flights than their clients can

"Am I being a bit mathematically challenged here?"

No.

It's not possible.

If the OP is right that she has the same flight numbers and same flight times that the TA gave her, the only explanation is that the TA was mistaken.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,740 posts
68 reviews
9. Re: How do travel agents see more flights than their clients can

The AA flight for BUD departs PHL at 6:30.

Maybe the TA did the math based on the departure time from MCO instead of the arrival time at PHL.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,596 posts
10. Re: How do travel agents see more flights than their clients can

what are your flight numbers and date?....there is obviously something not right here

Reply to: How do travel agents see more flights than their clients can
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted