We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southwest: Expired Snacks!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
5 reviews
12 helpful votes
Southwest: Expired Snacks!

Flying into Las Vegas yesterday (August 19) I decided to look at the expiration dates on the snacks they were handing out.

Exhibit A: Cinnamon Cookies, 30Jun18

Exhibit B: Whole Wheat Crackers with White Cheddar, 11Apr18

Exhibit C: Fritos, 27Mar18

Exhibit D: Pretzels. This one was a little more tricky. The numbering read 190201. I’m going to give Southwest the benefit of the doubt here and say this meant February 1, 2019. Or January 2, 2019. But who knows?

Later in the flight they came around with coffee. Me—“When did they make it, back in March?”

Other than that, an uneventful flight. They did manage to get us to LAS a half hour earlier than scheduled. Maybe the pilots were eating some of those non-expired pretzels for energy.

22 replies to this topic
atlanta
Level Contributor
4,910 posts
53 reviews
40 helpful votes
21. Re: Southwest: Expired Snacks!

Well neither the expired snacks are the fear mongering website posted will keep me off the airline. Send me your need to get something to do

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
22. Re: Southwest: Expired Snacks!

Good idea for everybody to stay away from SWA because of snacks or whatever. Everyone else might have a chance to enjoy more space in this last great air travel bargain.

OE

Reply to: Southwest: Expired Snacks!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted