We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA Seat selection LGW JGK

London, United...
Level Contributor
578 posts
59 reviews
BA Seat selection LGW JGK

Hi would be grateful for advice please, I am flying the above route in October with my 2 teenagers, I know I can reserve for free 24 hours before but as this is our 1st long haul together I want to ensure we are sat together so looking to pay. Despite looking at various seating charts I am confused. We are traveling in economy and the seats range in price from £68 in exit, £56 behind to £43 then £30 at the back of the plane. Please could I have opinions on where best to sit the plane is a 777 flight numbers 2273 & 2272. I also have 14000 Avios points I am hoping to use to pay for this. Any advice or tips are appreciated. Thanks

23 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
578 posts
59 reviews
1. Re: BA Seat selection LGW JGK

Unable to edit but title should read LGW JFK

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
23,030 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: BA Seat selection LGW JGK

The exit rows are probably not an option as BA states you need to be an adult (but this isn't defined) to sit in these rows so it depends on the age of the teenagers.

Apart from that all the other economy seats are more or less the same - seats at the back might be less desirable as it means you are one of the last to deplane which mean a longer queue at US Immigration but for the money saved compared to the queue time those would be my choice.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
137 posts
63 reviews
3. Re: BA Seat selection LGW JGK

Lol i'm a teen and I hate when I have to swap seats when I end up on exit row

London, United...
Level Contributor
578 posts
59 reviews
4. Re: BA Seat selection LGW JGK

Thank you for replying Tom the teenagers are 13 & 18. Ok so I can save some money & book near the back on the way home but maybe nearer front on way out?

Edited: 2:39 pm, August 12, 2018
London, United...
Level Contributor
917 posts
28 reviews
5. Re: BA Seat selection LGW JGK

The minimum age to be seated in an exit row is defined on BA. It is 12 years old, so the OP’s children would be allowed to sit there unless they were ineligible for another reason such as disability.

6. Re: BA Seat selection LGW JGK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:40 am, August 13, 2018

Velez Rubio
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
56 reviews
7. Re: BA Seat selection LGW JGK

The seating configuration, as you probably know, is 3-4-3. As long as you don't mind being in the middle 'block' I would be pretty confident that you would get 3 seats together without needing to pay to reserve seats.

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
10,517 posts
105 reviews
8. Re: BA Seat selection LGW JGK

Keep an eye on the availability and pay to select only as seating choices get narrow. Remember that many people jump to select right at T-24 mark so if you do wait to select for free, don't miss that timing. Other than that, I like your plan of booking near the front on the way there and nearer the back on the return. In a worst case scenario, let the kids sit by themselves and give yourself a holiday on the return.

Velez Rubio
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
56 reviews
9. Re: BA Seat selection LGW JGK

Ignore Sam, he knows nothing.

London, United...
Level Contributor
578 posts
59 reviews
10. Re: BA Seat selection LGW JGK

Thank you all for replying, Howie I would prefer the 3 seats on either side rather than 3 of the 4 middle. We are going October half term so I anticipate it will be a busy flight. Geo I am used to checking in at precisely 24 hours out (30 days for easy jet) to get seats together but being our first long haul as a family it feels more important that we get seats we like and together too. I will keep an eye on availability, I believe 7 days out other BA members can book for free so I guess waiting until then will be ideal.

Reply to: BA Seat selection LGW JGK
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted