We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap but not nasty - flights from Melbourne to London

Hamilton, Victoria
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap but not nasty - flights from Melbourne to London

I have decided at the last minute to visit my 18 year old daughter who is spending a GAP year in Surrey. As funds are a bit short this year (one at boarding school and one away at Uni - we live in the country) I am looking for the best value flight. But I don't want cheap AND nasty - it's too far to have your knees up round your ears and feeling like tinned sardines.

Last time we flew Emirates which was fantastic, but the prices seem to be a lot higher than the rest at the moment.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cheap but not nasty - flights from Melbourne to London

Hi Kelpiegirl

When exactly are you planning to travel?

Bestflights.com have a great deal on a combined Qantas or Cathay and Finnair ticket at the momemt for AUD1489 + taxes & surcharges but you have to book it by phone, it won't come up on their flight search.

Also with Emirates make sure you are comparing apples with apples. On most travel sites the majority of airlines show a fare but you are then hit with taxes & airline surcharges. Emirates include the airline surcharges in the advertised fare so you only have a small add on for the taxes. So make sure you are only comparing the total fares against each other before ruling them out if they are your preference.

12. Re: Cheap but not nasty - flights from Melbourne to London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, August 29, 2009