We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Standard of dress when flying

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Standard of dress when flying

Am I the only person who is offended by what some people wear when flying? I don't expect 'black tie' but a decent standard should be applied. I find singlets particularly inappropriate and probably a health hazard.

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Standard of dress when flying

Hello Everyone - I go away for a couple of days and look at the debate you've been having in my absence. Happy to report that everybody on my flights was appropriately dress and nobody in my vicinity smelt badly. No hairy armpits (male or female) in sight.

I'm glad that we've educated a few people on the definition of a 'singlet' I was going to mention thongs, but I think only the Aussies would know that I'm talking about footwear.

Cheers

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Standard of dress when flying

So what's wrong with standards of dress - not suits & ties but surely smart but comfortable resort wear shows respect for yourself & others? Obviously standards of personal hygene is an utmost consideration as well.

43. Re: Standard of dress when flying

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:58 am, May 16, 2007
Near Liverpool...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Standard of dress when flying

lol, it does sound a bit funny!

I don't care what other people wear, as long as I don't look like a fool, and as long as it doesn't affect me (which it doesn't because I sit with my family) One little thing is greasy hair when the person in front reclines when I'm eating, not nice, but the benefit of being tall is that my knees touch the seat in front without digging so if anyone tries it, they think their seats are broken! lol!

Could B Anywhere
6 posts
Save Reply
45. Re: Standard of dress when flying

dramaqueen86..LOL!! hehehehehe :) suckers! Fancy falling for that! its there own fault then, innit? (being that they're a bit,er, s-l-o-w)

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Standard of dress when flying

Lexi:- this is called consideration for others, maybe we are a nation divided by more than a common language!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
1 review
Save Reply
47. Re: Standard of dress when flying

Sorry, I fail to see how wearing shorts or having bare arms in any way is inconsiderate of others. Cold, maybe. Inconsiderate? Not. Why on earth anybody cares what a fellow passenger wears, as long as it's not indecent, is beyond me.